YOUNG RESEARCHERS FORUM (YRF) AND SCHOLARSHIPS
HCC 2016 will feature a Young Researchers Forum (YRF) consisting of a graduate mentoring and research colloquium for participating research students. Participating research students have the opportunity to present their ongoing work and ideas in a discussion-oriented interactive environment and pose questions on any aspect of research and academia.
YRF PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY
The forum invites PhD researchers, and advanced masters students who are either involved in or have completed a research thesis in topics within the scope of HCC 2016. The forum provides an opportunity to discuss research proposals and ongoing work with leading academics, while building networks with HCC 2016 faculty and other participants.
YRF eligibility involves:
- STEP 1 - HCC 2016 Registration. Participants within YRF must first and foremost be participants in HCC 2016; application for participation in YRF is possible once registration requirements for HCC 2016 have been fulfilled.
- STEP 2 - Application. YRF participation requires applicants to comply with the application and final presentation guidelines for the forum (detailed below).
- June 25 2016 CET - Deadline for HCC 2016 Registration for YRF Applicants
- July 5 2016 CET - Submission of YRF Application as per the guidelines (stated above on this page)
- July 15 2016 CET - Notifications to YRF Applications
Scholarships will be offered to student participants to offset a major part of the HCC 2016 registration costs. Eligible for scholarships are those candidates who are full-time students, and have registered for HCC 2016.
Please note that scholarships will be offered as a reimbursement after the completion of the school. Scholarships recipients who are unable to participate in the school cannot be reimbursed.
YRF APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Submission of Application of Interest to Participate in YRF:
- Curriculum Vitae, including list of (max 5) publications.
- A short report of current or planned research work (max 5 pages including references) [Formatting guidelines]
- A recommendation letter by your advisor or related faculty member at the place of your research / studies.
Please submit all documents as a compressed archive to: email@example.com
Accepted YRF participants will have the opportunity to present their work at the school in a designated session; furthermore, participants will also be able to present their work as part of a poster session. Submitted reports will be included as part of the final HCC 2016 technical report to be published online, as well as the HCC 2016 Booklet (to be distributed publicly prior to the school).